Recipe | Revolutionary Roasted Chickpeas

Sunday 10 July 2016



Hi I'm Hannah and I have a crisp addiction. I definitely have more of a savoury tooth than sweet, if you put Doritos in front of me I will eat the entire bag. I need to work on my will power I know but we'll save that for another post. I am always on the hunt for savoury health snacks to substitute crisps.. the I stumbled upon roasted chickpeas.

I was skeptical and pretty sure it they would taste awful. I was looking online for a recipe however I found no consistency so I decided to ignore them all and make my own recipe, surprisingly it turned out pretty damn well.. if I do say so myself.

What you'll need:

  • Chickpeas 1 can
  • Coconut oil 1tbsp
  • Paprika
  • Chilli powder
What you'll do:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 
  2. Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas, then dry on a paper napkin
  3. Pop your coconut oil into a baking tin (or tray) and put into the oven to melt
  4. Add your chickpeas to the baking tin and stir so they are covered in the coconut oil, then sprinkle the spices over the chickpeas (I added about 1tsp of each, but to be honest I just sprinkled until I was happy)
  5. Pop into the oven for 10 min and take them out and stir
  6. Pop them into the oven for another 10 mins and then stir
  7. And one more time, put them in for 10 mins and then take out 
  8. Serve! 




This is a super easy recipe that packs a punch of flavour! I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed these. They definitely settle my crisp craving! 

If you make these I would love to know what you think. 

What is your healthy go-to savoury snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment