Four ways to help you to wake up on time

Wednesday 18 January 2017




Setting my alarm at 6am was never going to busy, I was forever Googling how to wake up easily and actually feel awake. I feel I have mastered this and wanted to share my tips with you. I'm not saying these tips will work for everyone, but they have worked for me. I have never been a morning person and now I get up at 6am easily raring to go for my spin class!

1. Lumie Light
Now this is the best £50 I have ever spent. It is a light that gradually wakes you up with a sunrise, this is so important especially during the winter months where it is pitch black outside. I set my alarm for 6am so the sun gradually starts to rise from around 5:30am. I find I wake up 2/3 minutes before my alarm which is surprisingly a great feeling. I recently found out that if I turn your alarm on then turn the light up before you go to sleep the light gradually fades away, the sun sets, for you to fall asleep to. It is incredible what a difference a light would make to waking up.

2. Turn screens off and relax 30 mins before sleep and get an early night
I have set my bedtime for 10:30pm where I relax and listen to music, listen to the Headspace app or read my book. Then at 11pm everything is put away and I go to sleep. As I've spent time winding down I find I fall asleep much quicker and manage to get a solid 7 hours.

3. Change your alarm noise every two weeks 
I had the horrible iPhone alarm noise for two years, you know which one I mean? ERG ERG ERG ERG, the one that gives you a heart attack. Well I found I had become immune to the noise and it stopped waking me up. I discovered that if I changed the alarm noise every two weeks or so it kept me on my toes and woke me up.

4. Lay out EVERYTHING the night before
My alarm is only set at 6am for when I have the gym, I make sure I have prepared my breakfast and lunch the night before, packed my gym bag with everything I need and even laid out my clothes. This was I can roll out of bed, get changed brush my teeth and go. Maximising time spent in bed!

The worst part of waking up is always getting out of bed, the sooner you do it the better. I find if I snooze my alarm I end up feeling so much worse 10 minutes later.

What helps you get out of bed in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. Great post - I would love a Lumie light. I've heard such good things about them! I find if I get up at 6.30/7 I feel much better than if I get up at 7.30/8. That hour makes a huge difference, must stop hitting the snooze button! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete